Sunday, March 9, 2008

Gaming Future with FTTH

I started online today by checking out some of the Massively Multiplayer Online Game (MMOG or MMORG) sites. It has been a long time I quit my addiction on computer games and it is truly impressive to see the computer gaming industry has evolved from my first monochrome computer game, Pac Man, to highly graphic intensive 3-D virtual reality games. I always amaze with the games programmers and designers creativities in creating those games characters and scenes that are near to reality. The best part of their works is to make the gamers addicted to the games they produce.

I still remember some time back when I participated in my previous company in-house chess game and I decided to test my skill online as I have stopped playing chess after secondary school. And it did not take very long time for me to loose my first game, and I realized that I lost to a 13 year old kid from India. Skillful gamers are not going to feel satisfy just to play the games alone and always look for means to compete with other professional gamers. Online gaming become a tool to go beyond their circle of players and further enhance their skills. MMOG provide a good avenue for the gamers to not just play with someone within the premise but also to challenge nationally or internationally to satisfy their desire to win.



Key requirement for the future of online gaming with massive multiplayer capability is to enable higher network bandwidth to accommodate as many players as possible at a time. With FTTH comes into the picture, the gamers will be able to compete online with streaming game experiences and true high-quality video communications. The need to provide a massive database to allow dynamic user generated content is also highly desirable
.


No comments: